Here are three simple, skin-friendly egg white face masks, coupled with other valuable kitchen ingredients, for healthy, blemish-free skin:
How To Make A Face Mask With Eggs
1. Acne-Busting Egg White Face Mask
This pimple-fighting face mask has three powerhouse ingredients that you can find in every kitchen. It’s simple to make and super inexpensive; you simply can’t afford to miss the numerous benefits!
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- Importance in face mask
Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Also a wonderful moisturizer and skin-lightening agent.
Powerful astringent that fights off acne-causing bacteria. Lightens skin and reduces discoloration.
In a clean mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and lemon juice until the mixture becomes frothy. The lemon juice masks the odour of the egg white. Add ½ teaspoon of honey and stir well.
Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores. Using clean hands or a cotton ball, apply the mixture onto your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around your mouth and eyes.
Relax yourself as you wait for the mixture to settle and dry on your face. You can lie down and breathe deeply, thinking happy thoughts!
Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes. When the mixture has completely dried on your face, gently scrub it off using warm water, tackling all areas of your face in a circular motion. Pat dry with a towel and marvel at the smooth feel of your skin!
See More L'oreal Face Mask Update
When applying the mixture, work upwards from your chin to your cheeks and then to your forehead using a gentle circular motion.
Avoid the sensitive areas around the eyes and mouth. The skin in those areas is drier and, if stretched by this tightening mask, can become wrinkled.
This wonderful mask is very effective in getting rid of excess face oils. If you have dry skin, please refrain from using this drying and tightening face mask. Instead, try out an egg yolk face mask recipe.
2. Skin-Lightening Egg White Face Mask
Pamper yourself with this skin-lightening egg white face mask. This recipe uses turmeric, a root herb that has amazing skin-lightening properties that help even out the discolorations and dark spots caused by acne!
1 teaspoon orange juice
1 egg white
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Before we move on to how to make the mask, let's check out the importance of each of the other added ingredients:
Importance in face maskTurmeric
Reduces dark spots caused by acne and evens out discolorations.
Place the egg white and orange juice in a small mixing bowl and whisk until it becomes frothy.
Add in turmeric powder and mix thoroughly. Make sure the mixture is not too drippy.
Using clean hands, apply the mixture to your face and massage in a circular motion, allowing it to sink deep into your skin. Keep it on for 15 minutes while you lie down to prevent gravity from pulling the mask downward.
When the time is up, gently scrub off the dried mask from your face and apply moisturizer. A perfect natural moisturizer is 3-4 drops of olive oil.
Wear an old t-shirt over your clothes to prevent yellow stains from turmeric, which can be quite hard to wash off.
This egg white mask can be quite drying, so it’s best to apply olive oil to your skin after washing it off.
Refrain from talking or smiling with the mask on because stretching the tight skin may cause wrinkles to appear.
3. Hydrating Egg White Face Mask
Who says egg whites are only for those with oily, acne-prone skin? This hydrating egg white mask is great for people with dry skin, too! It contains potent ingredients such as avocado, a food packed with numerous vitamins and healthy fats, which are perfect for hydrating and moisturizing your skin to make it supple, soft, and smooth. The egg white will feed your skin with nourishing nutrients such as protein and riboflavin.
1 egg white
¼ ripe avocado
1 teaspoon yogurt
Let's have a look at the benefit of the extra ingredients in this face mask:
Benefit for skin
Hydrates and moisturizes skin, creating a youthful glow.
Contains live cultures, which eliminate acne-causing bacteria. Nourishes dry, flaky skin, back into soft, supple, and youthful skin.
Using a fork, mash the avocado until it turns into a lump-free paste.
Add the egg white and yogurt and mix well.
Apply a thick coat of the mixture onto your face with clean fingers and sit for about 15 minutes.
Wash off the mask with lukewarm water when the time is up, and pat your face dry with a towel. Enjoy the look of your moisturized skin!
See More How To Wear Face Mask Blue White
Use a ripe avocado so that it is easier to mash it into a lump-free paste. You can also freeze, then thaw it before mashing to make things easier. If you have a blender, use it instead of a fork to quickly and efficiently blend the avocado into a lump-free puree.
Use plain, unsweetened yogurt with live cultures when making this face mask.
To avoid a drippy mess, ensure that you apply the face mask over your bathroom or kitchen sink.
Check Out More DIY Face Masks
DIY: Banana Face Mask Recipes For Radiant Skin—Bananas are toted by Dr. Oz as nature's painless Botox. See why with these wrinkle- and acne-fighting face masks.
Egg Yolk Face Mask Recipes for Glowing Skin—Perfect for people with oily complexions.
Want to have healthy glowing skin without paying for expensive face products? Good news! You can make a fantastic face mask using ingredients you likely already have in your fridge. The egg white, lemon, and honey mask will help reduce blackhead and acne while the egg yolk, olive oil, and banana mask will help moisturize and nourish your skin. Read this article to learn how to make both!
Ingredients for a Simple Mask
1 egg white
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ tablespoon honey
Ingredients for a Nourishing Mask
1 egg yolk
1 banana, mashed
2 teaspoons olive oil or coconut oil
Method 1 Making a Simple Mask
1. Separate the Egg. Crack an egg over a bowl, and transfer the yolk from shell to shell. Each time you transfer the yolk, a little bit of the egg white should flow into the bowl. Keep doing this until all of the egg white is in the bowl. The egg white not only help nourish and firm your skin, but it will also help tighten the pores Discard the egg yolk or save it for another recipe.
You can use the egg yolk to make a nourishing face mask. Refer to the section in this article on making a nourishing face mask to learn how.
2. Add lemon juice to the egg white. You will need 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. The lemon juice will act as a natural astringent and help get rid of the acne and blackhead-causing bacteria. It may also help lighten your skin.
3. Mix the egg white and lemon juice. Using a fork, rapidly whisk the two ingredients until the egg white becomes foamy and frothy.
4. Add the honey to the egg white and lemon juice, and mix everything again. You will need ½ tablespoon of honey. Make sure that it is the translucent, runny type. Honey is antibacterial and acts as a natural antiseptic. It is also moisturizing and helps replenish the skin.
5. Prepare your face for the mask by washing it with warm water. This will open up your pores, which will improve the effectiveness of the mask. Since this mask has a tendency to get very messy, you can also pull your hair back into a ponytail, braid it, or pin it back. This will prevent it from getting sticky.
To protect your clothes, consider draping a towel over your chest and shoulders.
6. Apply the mask to your face. You can use your fingers, a cotton ball, or even a cloth. Avoid the areas around your nose, mouth, and eyes.
7. Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes. This mask is runny and may drip down your face. To prevent yourself from getting too messy, consider laying down or sitting back in a chair with your head tilted back.
You can also use this mask in the bathtub while you are taking a relaxing bath.
8. Wash the mask off and pat your face dry. Use lukewarm water and splash it onto your face. Gently wash the mask off and avoid scrubbing your face too hard. Use a soft, clean towel to pat your face dry.
9. Consider following up with some moisturizer. The lemon in this mask may be a little drying for your skin. If you find that your face is a little dry, apply some moisturizer to your face.
Method 2 Making a Nourishing Mask
1. Separate the egg and save the yolk. Crack open an egg over a bowl and transfer the yolk back and forth between the two shells. Each time the yolk falls into a shall, a little bit of the egg white should fall into the bowl. Keep doing this until all of the egg white is in the bowl. Save the egg yolk and discard the egg white (or save it for another recipe). Egg yolks not only help nourish and moisturize your skin, but they may also help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
You can use the egg white to make a simple face mask. To learn how to make one, refer to the section in this article on making a simple mask.
2. Add a mashed up banana to the egg yolk. Peel a banana open, and cut it to smaller pieces with a knife. Use a fork to mash it to a pulp. The banana will help nourish your face.
3. Add the olive oil or coconut oil. You will need 2 teaspoons of olive oil. The olive oil will moisturize your face, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. If you do not have olive oil, you can use coconut oil instead, which is also very moisturizing.
4. Prepare for the mask by washing your face and tying your hair back. Use warm water to help open up your pores. If you are wearing makeup, you will need to take it off using makeup remover. As this mask can get messy, it would be a good idea to tie or pin your hair back. You may also want to consider draping a towel over your chest and shoulders to protect your clothes.
5. Apply the mask to your face. You can use your fingers, a cotton ball, or even a cloth. Avoid the areas around your nose, mouth, and eyes.
6. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes. To prevent the mask from dripping everywhere, consider laying down or sitting in a comfortable chair with your head tilted back. You can also use this mask in the bathtub while you are soaking or taking a relaxing bath.
7. Wash the mask off and pat your face dry. Use lukewarm water to rinse your face off. How To Make A Face Mask With Eggs- Try not to scrub too hard. Gently pat your face dry with a soft, clean towel. 11